Click here to skip to main content.
 
AccNoTP
TP1006
Ref NoTP/1006
TitleCivic Theatre, Stretford
DescriptionThe Town Hall, Chester Road, was later known as Stretford Public Hall. In 1933 a theatre was added, known as the Civic Theatre. The present building was built in 1878 by John Rylands, the architect being N Lofthouse. In 1883 a library was opened in part of the building. On the death of John Rylands, the building was lent to the then Local Board by his widow Enriqueta Rylands for a nominal rent, and on her death in 1908, it was bought by Stretford Urban District Council.
Date1985
FormatB&W Photograph
Thumbnail

TL01006.jpg

Extent1 photograph
RepositoryCodeGB742
CreatorNameLibrary staff member
AccessConditionsThis item is located in the archives and requires 24 hours notice
Location16
Image_DataTL1006
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022