Click here to skip to main content.
 
AccNoTP
Ref NoTP/1383
TitleKing Street, Stretford
DescriptionMilitia Drilling on King Street, Stretford.
Date1900s
FormatB&W Photograph
Thumbnail

TL1383.jpg

AbstractThe shop in the right foreground was occupied by Mr Neild and later by Mr Riley. The second doorway was Riley's private house, next Gells Decorators and Hulberts Furniture Removers. The railings are enclosing Sherlocks Smithy and Hulberts yard. This property was demolished in 1912. Behind Sherlocks Smithy was a row of 9 houses, at right angles to King Street, known as Wellington Place. These houses were demolished - as unhealthy dwellings, which then provided a site for the Post Office. The Conservative Club was later built on the vacant plot of land on the right hand side of King Street. The Military Parade is probably the De Trafford Troop of Yeomanry.
RepositoryCodeGB742
TypePhotograph
CreatorNameNot known
AccessConditionsThis item is located in the archives and requires 24 hours notice
Location16
Image_DataTL1383
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022