Click here to skip to main content.
 
AccNoTP
TP2688
Ref NoTP/2688
TitleStretford Public Hall
DescriptionThe old Stretford Public Hall, also known as the Town Hall which was built by a private company in 1853. In 1878 it was bought by John Rylands who built the present building, the architect being N Lofthouse. In 1883 a library was opened in part of the building. On the death of John Rylands, the building was lent to the then Local Board by his widow Enriqueta Rylands for a nominal rent, and on her death in 1908, it was bought by Stretford Urban District Council. In 1933 a theatre was added, known as the Civic Theatre
Datec1860s
FormatB&W Photograph
Thumbnail

TL2688.jpg

Extent1 photograph
RepositoryCodeGB742
CreatorNameUnknown
AccessConditionsThis item is located in the archives and requires 24 hours notice
Location16
Image_DataTL2688
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022