Click here to skip to main content.
 
AccNoTP
TP4408
Ref NoTP/4408
TitleThe Public Hall, Stretford
DescriptionThe present building, originally known as the Town Hall, was built in 1878 by John Rylands, the architect being N Lofthouse. In 1883 a library was opened in part of the building. On the death of John Rylands, the building was lent to the then Local Board by his widow Enriqueta Rylands for a nominal rent, and on her death in 1908, it was bought by Stretford Urban District Council. A theatre, known as the Civic Theatre was added in 1933.
Date1921
FormatB&W Photograph
Thumbnail

TL4408.jpg

Extent1 photograph
RepositoryCodeGB742
CreatorNameUnknown
AccessConditionsThis item is located in the archives and requires 24 hours notice
Location16
Image_DataTL4408
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022